A police officer found a stray senior dog tied to a pole in Cleveland, Ohio. He was in very bad shape and severely emaciated. He was brought to Muttley Crue Animal Rescue, who then took him to Greystone Animal Hospital.
Vets were shocked when they performed surgery and found 94 pieces of plastic in his stomach. Due to his emaciated state, it’s obvious that the dog was starving. He very well could have resorted to eating plastic to fill the hunger. Or his previous owner could have turned their head the other way and allowed him to be sick and suffer from this.
Thankfully, the dog, now named Joey, is recovering well from the surgery and is living with a foster, but still has a long road ahead of him. The invasive surgery alone is tough on a senior dog, but Joey also has aspirate pneumonia on top of that.
The surgery was very expensive, and Muttley Crue is asking for donations to help offset the cost of his vet bills. Donations can be made via PayPal by clicking here, or mailed to PO Box 121, Berea, OH 44017.